Serving the Entertainment Industry Since 1995
Beginning January 1, 1995, Lee Roth got his start opening one of the first web design studios in the industry. His first website went online June 26, 1995. If you ask him today, he will tell you, “It’s not done yet!”
With his first clients being mostly game development studios, in early 1997, Lee won a web design contest for HBO’s U.S. Comedy Arts Festival, where he met actor/comedian Sinbad, who opened the doors to working in Hollywood.
2022: The Future in Artificial Intelligence
As 2022 comes to a close, it brings some retrospective after a pandemic, an economic downturn, unpredictable markets, a cryptocurrency crash that is still (early-December) around 60% below where that market was just a year ago, and total disruption of the theatrical release pattern for feature films. This has made it extraordinarily difficult to secure funding, so our focus this coming year is a change in strategy regarding film finance. More news on that in the coming months.
What’s New and On The Horizon?
Custom Cars AI, from Roth Stock Pictures, is now exclusively represented for commercial licensing by Pond5
The Custom Cars AI Merch Store is Open!
2019: The Year Feature Film Production Begins
As of March 30, with four films now in development, news will be coming in a pretty constant stream starting by mid-summer. In the meantime, we have begun a series of “Meet The Filmmaker” events to introduce our development services, funding options, and production associates.
2018: A New Name and a Renewed Focus
While the term “Digital Media” was all the rage when we got started, today, if you’re in media and you’re not digital, you’re a dinosaur destined for extinction!
While our services will always include still photography for production and publicity, the word “Pictures” allows us to continue our growth in film and video as well. If it’s good enough for Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures, it’s certainly good enough for us!
2016 and Beyond:
Over the years, Roth has amassed a wealth of relationships with entertainers, executives and creatives at all levels of the entertainment industry. It is these relationships that Roth Stock Pictures draws upon today as we expand into film and video.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED SCRIPTS!
- We require a one-sheet and total budget amount FIRST, which will ensure a faster response.
2015: Celebrating 20 Years in Digital Media
- 2015 – Editorial: We’re Press, Not Paparazzi. There’s a Difference!
- 2015 – Editorial: In The Entertainment Business, They Are Not Our “Fans”
- 2015 – Editorial: Mediocrity is NOT Good Enough
2001 – 2017: Diversification
- 2013 – 2017: Field Editing, The Art and Science of Deadline News
- 2015 – 2016: On Assignment for PR Newswire
- 2013 – 2015: Researching 20,000 Photos Per Day
- 2004 – 2005: A Foray into Reality Television
- 2001 – Today: We’re Press, Not Paparazzi … There’s a Difference!
- 2001: Production Stills On Set of “The Stoneman”
1997 – 2001: A Series of Internet Firsts
- 1999 – Today: A Growing Presence in Entertainment
- 1997 – 2001: Our Beginnings in Social Media
- May 27-31, 1999: 1st from St. Thomas, USVI
- Summer 1998: The Spark of Online Community
- May 21-25, 1998: 1st from Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
- November 13, 1997: 1st Late Night Talk Show Live Online
- October 25-26, 1997: 1st Live Stream from Under U.S. Waters
1995 – 1997: The Early Days of “Internet 1.0”
- February 1997: The Big Break Courtesy of HBO
- 1996 – 1997: Discovering “Killer Content”
- 1995 – 1996: The Origins of Roth Stock Digital Media
In the photo above, Lee’s computers were behind the blinds (open at that time) to the left of the door nearest the corner when his first media company was founded on January 1, 1995.