The History of Roth Stock Pictures
Roth Stock Pictures got its start as Roth Stock Digital Media. Opening on January 1, 1995, we were one of the first web design studios in the industry. Our first website went online June 26, 1995. We are “Content Creators For a Multiplatform World” and have been online and uninterrupted ever since!
Soon thereafter, our founder, Lee Roth, won a web design contest for HBO’s U.S. Comedy Arts Festival, opening the doors to our work in Hollywood.
2018: A New Name and a Renewed Focus
While the term “Digital Media” was all the rage when we got started, today, if you’re in media and you’re not digital, you’re a dinosaur destined for extinction!
While our focus will always remain in photography, the word “Pictures” allows us to continue our growth in film and video as well. If it’s good enough for Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures, it’s certainly good enough for us!
2016 and Beyond:
Over the years, Roth has amassed a wealth of relationships with entertainers, executives and creatives at all levels of the entertainment industry. It is these relationships that Roth Stock draws upon today as we expand into film and video.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED SCRIPTS!
- We require a one-sheet and total budget amount FIRST, which will ensure a faster response.
2015: Celebrating 20 Years in Digital Media
- 2015 – Editorial: We’re Press, Not Paparazzi. There’s a Difference!
- 2015 – Editorial: In The Entertainment Business, They Are Not Our “Fans”
- 2015 – Editorial: Mediocrity is NOT Good Enough
2001 – 2017: Diversification
- 2015 – 2016: On Assignment for PR Newswire
- 2013 – 2017: Field Editing, The Art and Science of Deadline News
- 2013 – 2015: Researching 20,000 Photos Per Day
- 2004 – 2005: A Foray into Reality Television
- 2001 – Today: We’re Press, Not Paparazzi … There’s a Difference!
- 2001: Production Stills On Set of “The Stoneman”
1997 – 1999: A Series of Internet Firsts
- 1999 – Today: A Growing Presence in Entertainment
- 1997 – 2001: Our Beginnings in Social Media
- May 27-31, 1999: 1st from St. Thomas, USVI
- Summer 1998: The Spark of Online Community
- May 21-25, 1998: 1st from Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
- November 13, 1997: 1st Late Night Talk Show Live Online
- October 25-26, 1997: 1st Live Stream from Under U.S. Waters
1995 – 1997: The Early Days of “Internet 1.0”
- February 1997: Our Big Break Courtesy of HBO
- 1996 – 1997: Discovering “Killer Content”
- 1995 – 1996: The Origins of Roth Stock Digital Media
In the photo above, our computers were behind the blinds (open at that time) to the left of the door nearest the corner when the company was founded on January 1, 1995.