The History of Roth Stock Pictures
Opening on January 1, 1995, what is known today as Roth Stock Pictures got its start as one of the first web design studios in the industry. Our first website went online June 26, 1995. If you ask Mr. Roth, he will tell you, “It’s not done yet!”
Our original tagline was “Content Creators For a Multiplatform World” and we have been online and uninterrupted ever since.
Soon after opening the company, our founder, Lee Roth, won a web design contest for HBO’s U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in 1997, opening the doors to our work in Hollywood and later, expanding into Las Vegas, under the banner of Roth Stock Digital Media.
2019: The Year Feature Film Production Begins
As of March 30, with four films now in development, news will be coming in a pretty constant stream starting by mid-summer. In the meantime, we have begun a series of Meet The Filmmaker Events to introduce our development services, funding options, and production associates.
2018: A New Name and a Renewed Focus
While the term “Digital Media” was all the rage when we got started, today, if you’re in media and you’re not digital, you’re a dinosaur destined for extinction!
While our services will always include still photography for production and publicity, the word “Pictures” allows us to continue our growth in film and video as well. If it’s good enough for Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures, it’s certainly good enough for us!
2016 and Beyond:
Over the years, Roth has amassed a wealth of relationships with entertainers, executives and creatives at all levels of the entertainment industry. It is these relationships that Roth Stock Pictures draws upon today as we expand into film and video.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED SCRIPTS!
- We require a one-sheet and total budget amount FIRST, which will ensure a faster response.
2015: Celebrating 20 Years in Digital Media
- 2015 – Editorial: We’re Press, Not Paparazzi. There’s a Difference!
- 2015 – Editorial: In The Entertainment Business, They Are Not Our “Fans”
- 2015 – Editorial: Mediocrity is NOT Good Enough
2001 – 2017: Diversification
- 2013 – 2017: Field Editing, The Art and Science of Deadline News
- 2015 – 2016: On Assignment for PR Newswire
- 2013 – 2015: Researching 20,000 Photos Per Day
- 2004 – 2005: A Foray into Reality Television
- 2001 – Today: We’re Press, Not Paparazzi … There’s a Difference!
- 2001: Production Stills On Set of “The Stoneman”
1997 – 2001: A Series of Internet Firsts
- 1999 – Today: A Growing Presence in Entertainment
- 1997 – 2001: Our Beginnings in Social Media
- May 27-31, 1999: 1st from St. Thomas, USVI
- Summer 1998: The Spark of Online Community
- May 21-25, 1998: 1st from Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
- November 13, 1997: 1st Late Night Talk Show Live Online
- October 25-26, 1997: 1st Live Stream from Under U.S. Waters
1995 – 1997: The Early Days of “Internet 1.0”
- February 1997: Our Big Break Courtesy of HBO
- 1996 – 1997: Discovering “Killer Content”
- 1995 – 1996: The Origins of Roth Stock Digital Media
In the photo above, our computers were behind the blinds (open at that time) to the left of the door nearest the corner when the company was founded on January 1, 1995.
Roth Stock Pictures:
Engaging Audiences on All Platforms!
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept unsolicited materials. Please send an initial inquiry using our Submission Form.